Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Birthday!


OMG! It’s my birthday! Well, not today, on the 21th and I still don’t have any plans for it. I don’t even know what to expect because definitely I'm no longer in the calendar but still in the lotto card. I can’t remember if I had any birthday celebration aside from when I was 1 year old because I have pictures of it, I just can’t find them, they must be somewhere…

But anyway, what’s with the birthday? Is it really important aside from counting your age? Will it matter if you don’t celebrate it?

As an adult, it is no longer important to me, no longer a big deal if no one remembers my birthday. I won’t cry if I don’t receive any gifts from friends and family. Birthday celebration is just a date that comes and passes each year. But as a mother, I try to make as possible as I can to create something for my little girl. 
I want her to remember every single detail she had on her birthdays. I want her to think and feel that her birthday is important to me as well as to her. Not only for the cake, juice, spaghetti, and fried chicken which she likes the most but the essence of her being human. I want her to behave appropriately as she age. To be strong and determined than what I become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends Who Read